[SCCC] FW: ARRL 160 N5ZO M/S HP

marko.l.myllymaki at gmail.com marko.l.myllymaki at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 15:52:41 EST 2018

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N5ZO
Operator(s): N5ZO N6NC
Station: N5ZO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SDG

Total:  QSOs = 501  Sections = 78  Countries = 12  Total Score = 95,580

Casual operation just less than 13 hrs on air splitted almost evenly by me
operating on site home and Larry N6NC remoting in.
Antenna top fed 1/4 wave sloper force fed with tuner.  2 200 ft long BOGs US
BOG elevated to 3-4 ft and JA BOG on ground.  Not much use this time.
K-3 and Alpha 87A.

I think few hundred more US Qs and some JAs would have been possible if we
would have put in more BIC time.  TX antenna keeps impressing me how well it
seems to work, almost worked all I heard and many times got through when
multiple stations calling.

Missed sections: NNY, PR, AK, NL, NT.  Saw AK spotted many times (WL7E) but
never heard him.  VO1HP appeared on 2nd night but was gone shortly with too
many callers geographically between us.

Tnx for Qs de Marko N5ZO