[SCCC] W6PH ARRL 160 SOHP

w6ph at aol.com w6ph at aol.com
Mon Dec 3 10:49:08 EST 2018

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W6PH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Lone Pine CA

Total:  QSOs = 552  Sections = 76  Countries = 8  Total Score = 95,592

K3 Expert 1.3K  WinTest

Antenna (transmitting and receiving):
67 foot sloper with coil at 27 feet (below 3L 20 yagi at 60 feet)

Fairly noisy conditions compared to CQWW which was spectacular.  I only operated
until 9 pm local time both nights.  Lots of QSB made it tough.  I decided to
call CQ a lot because it was so hard to get responses from people calling CQ.
It is easier for the East Coast stations to hear and work Europeans than West
Coast.  Fun contest.

Missed NNY,MS,ONN,AK,PR,LB,NT.  Lots of LAX, SDG, and SB stations.  Good to work
KI6VC who has had some health issues.

73, Kurt W6PH