[SCCC] FT8 Roundup

Dennis Younker NE6I NE6I at cox.net
Mon Dec 3 21:22:25 EST 2018

Hi Wayne,

Sounds great. I did not have a lot of time this weekend but did try my hand
briefly in the contest. I am a big fan of FT8 and have been having a lot of
fun with it. With its predecessors, JT65 and JT9, I layed around with powers
as low as 50 mW to a low dipole and was still working the east coast. Lots
of fun!  As well, FT8 has increased participation on 6 meters as you well
know.

Anyway, I could not get my WSJT-X to send the contest exchange this past
weekend and had to give up on it for the time being. I didn't have time to
troubleshoot. It kept sending the normal exchange instead. I know there is a
checkbox for contest mode and I did have that checked. I'll experiment more
as time permits. WSJT-X sure is a fantastic piece of software!

--Dennis NE6I