[SCCC] FT8 Roundup

Wayne Overbeck overbeck6 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 21:45:43 EST 2018

Hi, Dennis.  The trick to get into the FT8 Roundup contest mode
was to do these things:

1)  download the latest version of WSJT-X (currently "RC5",
although the general release of WSJT-X 2.0 is due out Dec.
10).

2) go to "settings" and click the right-most box (advanced),
then chose RTTY Roundup mode.

If you have FT8 up and running even in an older version, I
think that's all you have to do to make it give the proper
exchange in RTTY contests (RST + state/province for
W/VE stations or RST + serial number for DX).

Oh, you also have to tell it your state.  It's not yet smart
enough to know that everyone in DM13 or DM04 should
send "CA".

73, Wayne, N6NB