[SCCC] FT8 Roundup: 1039 logs so far

Wayne Overbeck overbeck6 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 15:27:46 EST 2018

As of this morning, 1039 logs had been submitted for the
brand-new and minimally publicized FT8 Roundup.  If current
trends continue, the FT8 Roundup will end up with about as
many logs as last year's ARRL RTTY Roundup.

I think we're seeing the emergence of a new major contest
for a mode that has exploded in popularity in less than two
years.  The last time I saw anything like this was when radio
amateurs figured out how to suppress their carriers in the 1950s.

73, Wayne, N6NB