[SCCC] AM to SSB transition (transceivers)

Tree tree at kkn.net
Tue Dec 18 09:14:25 EST 2018

Nice posting Wayne!!  I had forgotten about the Swan tri-bander - the 240
and never saw the single band radios.

Heathkit also had some single band SSB radios (HW12, HW22 and HW32 if I
remember correctly) and of course there was the triband Eico 753.  And the
WRL duobander!!

I remember at least one double side band guy in the AM roundtables.  They
were welcome since their audio demodulated okay in the AM mode.

My vintage station doesn't do SSB.  Have a Collins 32V3 and 75A2 plus a
Ranger for 160 meters.

Remember seeing the W6AM mobile setup once going up the freeway to
Visalia.  We flagged him over and got the tour.

Tree