[SCCC] AM to SSB transition (transceivers)

Jim Neiger n6tj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 18 19:37:24 EST 2018

Not  on AM to SSB topic, but one of my favorite radio memories - 1955
Field Day, Salem Amateur Radio Club,  W7SAA.  Hauling W7IQI's  fully
assembled 2 element 20 meter quad, with tower, through the streets of
Salem onboard a flat bed truck.  Radios Johnson's, AM and CW. Probably
Hallicrafters receiver, Or maybe everybody's dream, National HRO-60.  We
had pictures of Collins 75A1 and KW-1 in our QST.   Amplifier W7IQI's
pair of 813's, on the same flat bed in a very large rack.  And the joy
of hearing W7ASG pound out code with his Vibroplex.  Smooth like W4KFC.
   I was forever hooked on contesting after that weekend.

Jim  N6TJ  (W7WJB)