[SCCC] AM days

k6xt k6xt at arrl.net
Wed Dec 19 13:53:08 EST 2018

My AM days were short and unremarkable. In 1958/59, cherubic faced fresh
from high school and novice licensee KN0WJJ (another FINE CW call), I
took a job assisting the ham radio sales staff at Lew Bonn Co., a retail
outlet in Minneapolis. Actually I was supposed to sell too. Ignoramus
that I was, I can clearly remember trying to convince seasoned radio
vets to forget that new faddy SSB and stick with AM! In short, talk them
out of buying a new radio! This from a kid who'd never been on anything
but CW in the novice bands with my Eico 720 and a Knight kit receiver.
The little I knew about either mode began and ended with WCCO and the
other AM broadcast stations. My boss was most assuredly upset with my
antics.

--
73 Art K6XT~~
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.