[SCCC] Plans for VHF Contest this Weekend June 9 & 10

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 5 19:16:47 EDT 2018

Hello all,

I am wondering what others are planning for the June VHF Contest?

I will be roving again, starting out between Indio and Blythe at Chiriaco Summit DM23 behind the Patton Museum. I plan
to stay about an hour, more if 6 is open.  Then I will make the 1 hour trip to Calimesa for DM13.  Then quickly over to
Yucaipa for DM14 (anyone know of any good hills around Yucaipa or Redlands for DM14?).  Then I plan to finish the day in
Glendale on a hill for DM04.   Will return home to Tustin ,and operate in my car for DM13.

Not sure about Sunday because it will be based on how my earlier DM13 and DM14 pans out.  Might start at Signal Peak in
Newport Beach for DM13,  certainly go to Signal Hill for DM03.  I can revisit DM04 if totals are low.

I plan to end the contest late Sunday at Gaviota Beach for CM94.   This site reportedly has a great shot to Los Angeles,
Orange County and San Diego.   All of the above is subject to change.

I will be on the 4 low bands (6, 2, 220 FM and 440).  I prefer SSB and CW.  I will have FT8 with GPS time sync,
but I fear it will slow me down for local QSOs.

I will be on APRS using an app on my phone.  You can track me on APRS by searching for N6GP-10, or follow this link:
https://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FN6GP-10&timerange=3600&tail=3600

Please keep a look out for Steve KK6REB in Cypress, and Tim N6TMT in Orange  They will both be on 6m SSB & FT8, 2M FM,
and 440 FM.

I would appreciate the contacts, as we know the fierce competition from the East Coast and Washington.

Tnx & 73,

Tim N6GP/R