[SCCC] NE6I ARRL June VHF Contest

Dennis Younker NE6I NE6I at cox.net
Mon Jun 11 01:20:07 EDT 2018

                    ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: NE6I
Operator(s): NE6I
Station: NE6I

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: San Diego DM12

    6:  11     5
    2:
  222:
  432:
  -------------------
Total:  11     5  Total Score = 55

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments: Very limited time available this weekend due to a family birthday
party weekend with out of town family included and also being the last
weekend IN town for other family members. One of our granddaughters and her
family are moving to Kansas, leaving on Tuesday. Very sad for us but we wish
them well. That said, operating time was limited to one or two hours Sunday
afternoon. The band opened briefly in that time to the Pacific Northwest and
deep into Mexico. Most of my few QSOs were with "locals" though. Others here
in the west seemed to be having somewhat better luck than I. Other parts of
the country were doing even better than us out west. All of my QSOs were on
6 meters using FT8 on 50.313. I did a couple of tune throughs between 50.000
and 50.200 but didn't hear anything. I didn't have any time available to try
MSK144 in the morning on 50.260.

Station here 100 watts to a low profile 3 element yagi.