[SCCC] Effectiveness of MFJ-1026 Noise Filter??

Bill Shell n6ws at n6ws.com
Tue Apr 2 18:55:21 EDT 2019

Steve,

In the past, I have a MFJ-1026 I used on 160m, 80m, and 60m.  It was
effective for me.  My antennas at the time were an OCFD on 160m and a
rotatable dipole for 80m and 60m.  My noise antenna was a short 8 ft
center fed dipole on my tower at about 7 ft off the ground.  I don't
know what the noise source is I have on those bands, but the MFJ-1026
was effective in helping me copy DX.

When I put up a pair of verticals on 160m, I changed over to crossed
K9AY loops for receive.  I never compared the K9AY loops to the MFJ-1026
side-by-side, but I honestly believe the loops are a better solution for
me.

73, Bill
N6WS