[SCCC] ARRL 10m Contest

Steve k0xp at k0xp.com
Sat Dec 14 19:19:35 EST 2019

At 02:48 PM 12/14/2019, Bob Grubic wrote:
>The band is deeeaaaddd right now--except for dupes! :)

NOOOTT quite... CE2LR, CE2BR and CE2SV are all still coming through.
Really odd, as have heard nothing else from SA, just the CE2s. Not
even an XE. Onna these moments, I'll actually catch K7XC when he's
got his beams pointed down this way and is listening...

>Of course, you work all dupes...just in case...

You work em in case the first time, they were actually responding to
someone else. I lost four multipliers last year in the CQWWCW just
because I thought they responded to me but apparently, to someone
else... or else, they had my call so wrong that the software thought
it couldn't have been me they worked. I subsequently found two of
them did work me but they had at least 2 characters of my call wrong,
which the log-checking software won't catch.

And 50 of 159 total QSOs were lost by the OTHER guys because they
copied my zone wrong. It pays to listen and watch your screen.

SteveH K0XP