[SCCC] NAQP RTTY WA6I Single Op LP

Wolf Leverich, WA6I leverich at mtpinos.com
Sun Feb 24 13:27:33 EST 2019

                  North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: WA6I
Operator(s): WA6I
Station: WA6I

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: San Luis Obispo, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  80m:   78      29
  40m:   88      30
  20m:  115      36
  15m:    8       6
  10m:    0       0
-------------------
Total:  289     101     Total score = 29,189

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

Have now discovered the effects of trying to counteract cold
medications with massive doses of caffeine.  By this morning
the hallucinations have become less vivid, and I may be able
to sleep again in another week or two.

I started late and missed some Qs on 15m, and I seem to have
compounded that error by staying too long and arriving too
late on each of the lower bands.

In future years I will probably start at 10a and then take
off-time in that awkward window when the right-coasters have
moved to 40m but 40m isn't open to the West Coast yet.

Also, the 6BTV just aint no 80m antenna -- saw "AGN?" far too
often on that band and had -0- success trying to run there.
I'm hoping to replace it on the low bands with an AV-18HT or
a DXE 8040VA-1 this summer, if I can save up enough pennies.

Rig:		TS-590sg
TX ant:		6BTV
RX ant:		NCC-2 phase box and 2x short verticals
Software:	FLDIGI