[SCCC] My Plans for June VHF N6GP/R This Weekend

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 5 13:48:45 EDT 2019

Its that time to post your plans for this weekend.

I will be roving again, this time in the common 5 So. Calif grids.  As usual, I will be on the 4 low bands as a Limited Rover (6, 2, 222 FM, and 440).

I plan to start the contest at the Rest Area along the I-5 near Camp Pendleton for DM13.    Then I will go south to the Torrey Pines Gliderport / Blacks Beach for DM12.
Late afternoon I plan for Signal Hill DM03.  Maybe a little DM13 with my rover at home in the evening.

Sunday morning  I will re-visit DM13, probably from Diamond Bar.   then I will drive up to Keller Peak DM14, and stay most of the day.   Late in the contest I will be in DM04 on a hill
above Glendale.   All of this is subject to change.  If 6 meters opens up, I will stay at a grid as long as it is open.

I recognize that 80-90% of the 6 meter activity will be FT8.   I prefer SSB for rate, but I have to go with the flow.   I will be looking for distant grids on 2m on FT8 on 144.174.   Had great
success with this in January VHF.  on 222 I will be 223.5 FM only.

I will be on APRS again using an app on my phone.  You can track me on APRS by searching for N6GP-10, or follow this link:
https://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FN6GP-10&timerange=3600&tail=3600

Remember, a rover can be worked each time they are in a new grid.  I will appreciate the contacts.   Hope springs eternal for 6 meter openings, but not counting on it.

Tnx & 73,

Tim N6GP/R