[SCCC] K0XP CQWW DX CW SOA LP

Steve k0xp at k0xp.com
Mon Nov 25 02:11:10 EST 2019

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K0XP
Operator(s): K0XP
Station: K0XP

Class: SO(A)SB40 LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 26.75

   160:
    80:
    40:  230    30       77
    20:
    15:
    10:
------------------------------

Conditions seemed notably worse to Europe on 40 than last year but
the JAs were also not as strong, nor were there as many weaker SE
Asians. 3B8M was a notable exception, however; he was stronger,
just about all the time, than 3B8CF used to be back in the mid-
2000s. There were quite a few not-serious US folks who just
didn't seem to understand how to get their call across to the DX;
I heard one guy who kept repeating his whole callsign instead of
concentrating on getting his call area number through. It took
the DX station a few minutes to finally copy the correct call area
number. For me, it took persistent calling to finally break
through to some of the DX stations; for awhile, I didn't think I
was going to work HS0ZAR but I finally got through. It was the
same story for some other strong DX stations like V85RH and
HL2BQG, each of whom I must have called a thousand times
altogether. In comparison, very few JAs had any trouble copying
me. VERY unusually, I worked all the BY stations I heard;
usually, one can get through to fewer than half of those. Some
day, the number of BY stations worked will exceed the number of
JAs heard.

SteveH, K0XP