[SCCC] 9A/AI6V CQWW CW

Wyatt Law wyattlaw4 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 22:54:11 EST 2019

Hello all,

Had a blast this weekend in the CQWW CW. 9A1TT put a post in the YOTA group
last weekend offering up his station in Croatia to “young” hams to use for
the contest since he was busy. Robert, DK2RO, and myself were the only ones
who replied so we got the job. The contest station is in the process of
being built so I’ve been feeding numbers back to 9A1TT all week to help him
figure out ways to improve the stations remote capabilities. The station
has never been operated from America before so this was all a big
experiment. I used the call 9A/AI6V and Robert used 9A/DK2RO. Everything
worked out flawlessly. When I went to bed, Robert was waking up to operate
and when he went to bed, I was waking up so being on the opposite sides of
the world from each other had its benefits. I operated single op all bands
while Robert entered as single op 40m CW. Goal was 1,500 but ended with
2,184 contacts giving a claimed score of 900,038 by working 76 unique
countries. Technology with ham radio is changing its future!  We spent the
week playing with latency issues and got it to a point where it was
unnoticeable.

Thanks for the contacts !
Wyatt
AI6V