[SCCC] Would SCCC like to sponsor an alternative contest to Field Day?

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 24 01:24:50 EDT 2020

Seems to me that Field Day is going to be a big flop this year, with the ARRL not bending on the rules.    How can we turn around this situation so that some fun operating event could be done here locally, while preserving the outdoor aspect of FD and the FD exchange.   How about some competition between clubs?   Think of alternative scoring systems, like the percentage of a club roster that gets on the air to make contacts?   Some kind of event to get new Technicians to take their handhelds to the nearest hilltop to make some simplex QSOs?

Just thinking out loud here.

73,

Tim N6GP