[SCCC] Flex Radio

Roger Barkley w6laxradio at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 13:05:51 EST 2020

Thanks for everyone's response to my inquiry about FlexRadio.  I decided to
buy a used 6400M to see if I'd like it. Flex will allow me to return it for
a full refund within 30-days or to apply its purchase price toward a new
6600M.  I've used Elecraft for so long (K1, K2 and K3) that I wasn't sure
if I'd like to make the change but I want to try direct sample SDR.

I had some initial set-up problems (my confusions and mistakes) which were
really frustrating as it was in the middle CQWW-CW, but once I got
everything going I've found it really impressive.  No radio is perfect and
I already have a short list of things I don't like (or maybe just haven't
figured out), but overall it seems to be an amazing radio. I plan to trade
this one in and move to the upgraded version 6600M.