[SCCC] Remote Control/Audio (was CQWW CW WA7BNM SOSB15 LP)

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Sun Dec 6 19:58:27 EST 2020

Hi Dana,

Yeah, until I got my internet connection fixed, I had a big latency
problem with REMAUD. It would work with low-latency for a few minutes,
then there would be a light pop in the audio and the latency would jump
up to a few seconds which made it totally unusable for contests. I think
the Netgear router at my remote station was the problem because there
seemed to be a dramatic improvement after I changed it out. Just to
leave nothing to chance, I also switched the internet connections on
both the client computer here at my home in Los Angeles and the server
side at the remote station from Wireless to the hardwired CAT6 Ethernet
ports on the respective routers.

I used the setup this weekend in the ARRL 160. As an experiment I
decided to try Windows RDP instead of TeamViewer. I was pleasantly
surprised because one of the problems I used to have with RDP and Ham
Radio Deluxe is gone now. It seem to work just as well as TeamViewer. I
don't remember having any problems with WSJT and Windows RDP, but it's
been so long since I used WSJT it may be that I am simply forgetting
something or that I never used the two together in the first place. I'll
have to give that a go sometime soon to see if that is a problem.