[SCCC] ARRL Field Day N6GP 2E LP

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 3 00:51:03 EDT 2020

Call: N6GP
Operator(s): N6NH N6GP
Station: N6GP

Class: 2E LP
QTH: LAX

  160:
   80:   48      0
   40:  207     51
   20:  107     37     11
   15:    1
   10:    1      1      4
    6:          15      8
    2:          75
  222:          12
  432:          32
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  364    223     23  Total Score = 2,344

Club:

Orange County ARC CA

Comments: We had a goal of 820 QSOs, and missed it by 200. 20m underperformed big time. Had a little life to east coast after sunset for a bit. Murphy struck in the form of the new WSJT-x version. Audio level on receive all wrong. Waterfall OK, but could not decode, with too much audio being indicated. Only solved the problem with a reboot about 3 hours before the finish. Looks like we missed an opening or 2 on 15m. As I had predicted, the 2m and 440 FM activity in So Calif was huge. Solid wall of signals on each 15 KHz channel from 146.52 to 146.58. Kept going until 1AM, and
were back on at 7AM! People had to learn how to share the channels, and it all worked out.
We need to spread out more next year. Glad to hear the very diverse group of new callsigns. Many YLs. Our QTH at N6NH's a little blocked toward Long Beach. Sorry we missed some of you like N6UTC over there.

Thanks for all the SCCC participation and QSO's!

73,
Tim N6GP