[SCCC] ARRL FD - N2JNR

Dave O daveokw at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 04:56:32 EDT 2020

Call:  N2JNR
OP:  N2JNR
CLASS:  1D
QTH:  LAX

Band     CW     PH     DIG
80          11       0        3
40         102    10        31
20         152    38        27
15           5       1          4
10           0       0          2
6             0       1          0
2             1      48         1

Totals:   271 CW / 98 PH  /  68 DIG
437 Total

Club:  W6KA-FD

Claimed Score:  1,802 (including bonus points)

managed to pull 437 contacts, which I felt real good about based on my
compromised scenario.  Got the W1AW bulletin on Friday.

For antennas, I used my SmallIR Steppir Vertical as well as a buddipole for
HF
GP6 and M2 Satpack eggbeaters for VHF/UHF.
Timewave ANC-4 to phase noise whenever possible.

Was happy to have a 2M CW Q added to the log with N6VI as I've been trying
to find some activity on 2M CW and it never exists.  Also added my first
FT8 2M contact with a station in San Diego at the beginning of FD.  Close
to a sweep but missed VT, CT, RI, and IA in addition to Virgin Islands and
a few provinces.   I believe if I wouldn't have done the 'recommended ft8'
update I would have easily cleaned up as the new version was very buggy and
not operating very stable.  FT4 was a little better but also a bit buggy.
Think next time (and for summer contests) I'll have my buddipole which acts
as a secondary antenna tuned to 15M instead of 6M as I missed the 2
openings that I heard happened on 15M.   Sidenote:  I had fun with the
social end and went live on facebook a few times showing off my shack.  At
one point there was an audience of about 30 people watching me operate
(many who didn't know I was a ham and that enjoyed watching the
experience).

73 -
Dave, N2JNR