[SCCC] What are everyone's plans for June VHF Contest This Weekend?

Paul Gacek w6png at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 12:18:05 EDT 2020

I plan on hiking up to Throop Peak (9,100 ft) in the San Gabriel mountains. It has great visibility west, north and south. I’ll be on HF first as its a SOTA peak and then from 11am until the batteries die on 2m etc.

I’m planning on lugging my 857D and as many batteries as I can hike in and a 2m HO loop.

Questions for this experienced group;
1) What level of 2m FT8 activity should I expect in this event (none, some, lots?)
2) Is 222, 440 and 900 and 1296 on FM via a handheld of any value?

Paul Gacek
W6PNG/M0SNA
www.nomadic.blog