[SCCC] Ham Radio Film from 1970

Tree tree at kkn.net
Sat Mar 28 21:14:07 EDT 2020

While I was going to Charles Evans Hughes Junior High in Woodland Hills, CA
- I met some hams there.  Two of them were brothers and a third brother was
studying for his Novice.  They were members of the West Valley Amateur
Radio Club, which met in a small boy scout building on Collins Street (nice
name).

Some of the members had gotten the attention of Dave Bell and he decided to
use the club for some of the footage for his films.  This included John
Musselman (WB6UHF) and Matt Futterman (WB6KPN).  The idea of putting a
camera on a mast and pushing up the antenna is classic - and well before go
cams.  I wasn't there for that part - but got invited over to be part of
the "class".  I know WB6FWC is in the audience (who is now an SK) along
with another Musselman brother who never did get licensed.

Last saw Charlene at Cal State Univ Northridge where she works in the
Engineering department.  Was there last year.

Tree N6TR