[SCCC] New Content on the SCCC Web Site

Dennis Younker NE6I NE6I at cox.net
Mon Oct 5 20:42:17 EDT 2020

Just added to the SCCC web site, a new-to-us video review of the Yaesu
FTDX-101D transceiver. This one is by our own Chip Margelli, K7JA. If you
have been curious about this radio, and the 3D spectrum scope (just one
example), Chip does a great job of summarizing the features.

A few of us in SCCC now own this rig (or the MP), and we all have nothing
but good things to say about it. The receiver is pretty fantastic. The
ability to pull weak stations out, even in heavy QRM, is simply amazing. As
for the scope, before owning the radio, I thought is was mostly eye candy.
While still scratching the surface of its capabilities myself, I found it
incredibly useful at finding a clear spot to CQ during CQP this past
weekend. With proper adjustment (not difficult at all), I could see the
weakest of CW signals even if I couldn't actually fully copy them. That told
me that another W6 station was already there and I should move on to find a
clear spot.

We will publish Elecraft K4 reviews and other contest-worthy radio reviews
once the radio starts shipping and reviews are published. The K4 is highly
anticipated in the contest and DX worlds. As we all know, the K3 is a
fantastic radio in its own right and populates many a competitive station.
The K4 promises to improve on that legacy, adding a spectrum scope and many
other features to up the ante.

--Dennis NE6I

www.SoCalContestClub.org <http://www.SoCalContestClub.org>