[SCCC] N6VI in CQWW 169m Test

Marty Woll n6vi at socal.rr.com
Mon Feb 1 15:30:52 EST 2021

Hi, all.

I was able to get in one night of operating in last weekend's CWQQ 160m
Contest.  I had to get permission to enter the fire station property where
our volunteers have a 160m inverted V installed.  I needed to run some
diagnostics there anyway, so I stayed the night (Saturday) and used the
barefoot rig that's already there and just plugged in a paddle.  I found the
band remarkably quiet in terms of noise, so I was able to copy many
barely-there signals and they were able to hear me.  My score was just below
last year's from the same spot, with a handful more contacts and domestic
mults but fewer countries.  All in all, it was fun to get out of the house
and on the band.

Single-op, Low power, Unassisted, 10 hours

Club: SCCC

QSOs: 200

S/P:       44

DXXX:   6