[SCCC] CQ160 K6NR Single Op HP

Dana Roode K6NR dana.roode at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:19:51 EST 2021

Call: K6NR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 481  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 10  Total Score = 75,206

CQ160CW is one of my favorite contests, although the noise level at my QTH
has
dulled the fun a bit over time.  However, it's all about propagation.  This
time
around there was good activity but I couldn’t hear a lot of DX and around
half
the stations that I worked were just above  noise level on my receive
antennas.
It was great to be called by 2 DL stations, but they were tough to pull
out of the noise.  Two strong Eu stations were ED8W and HB7X -- worked
the former and heard him on both nights.  Heard HB7X several times on
the second night but he was not calling CQ.  Worked just 5 JA stations.
This compares to 2006 when I worked 73 JA and 2009 when I worked 43 Eu
stations. Wonder how much of the issue is propagation versus increasing
noise level.

There were stations calling several times that I could not pull out.
Sorry about that, thanks for trying, and thanks to everyone else for
the QSOs.

  Dana