[SCCC] 7QP K7N (K6ZH) SO Mixed HP

Jim Price jnprice at pacbell.net
Sun May 2 13:47:55 EDT 2021

Hi from Goldfield, NV!  Operated 7QP here again - using the special K7N
callsign (LOTS easier that KG7NV in a contest!)  See comments below.

                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2021

Call: K7N
Operator(s): K6ZH
Station: KG7NV

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: NV

  160:
   80:   75      5
   40:  320    134
   20:  424    145
   15:    2
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  821    284      0  Mults = 67  Total Score = 203,077

Club:

Comments:

Operated from our Goldfield, NV QTH - KG7NV - in rare Esmeralda County.
Everything went pretty well, except that 15m was a "no show."  Worked 2
stations in PAC, period.  But I had very good runs on 20, 40, and 80 -
especially on CW.  NV was the last state I worked!  Nicest surprise:  VY1JA
calling me on 20 CW - haven't heard that station in a long while.  Also was
pleased at the number of EU stations that called - especially DLs.

Equipment here:  IC-746PRO, KPA-500 amp, plus KAT-500 tuner.  3-element
tri-bander at 40 feet.  80-40 inverted vee below that.

Tnx for the QSOs!  73 de Jim K6ZH