[SCCC] N7D - 7th Call Area QSO Party County Expedition

Jim Stockwell jim at vistasierra.com
Mon May 3 16:46:23 EDT 2021

Call: N7D<https://www.3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=N7D>
Operator(s): W6KC<https://www.3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=W6KC> W6SW<https://www.3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=W6SW>
Station: N7D
Class: Cnty Exped M/S HP
QTH: Dyer, NV (NVESM)
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Location: In State/Province
160:
80:     58      17
40:     117     44
20:     341     203
15:
10:
6:
2:
Total:  516     264     0       Mults   63      Total Score     130,788

Jim (W6KC) and Randy (W6SW) teamed up to operate a county expedition from the very small town of Dyer, Nevada in sparsely populated Esmeralda county. We had fun staying in a rustic BnB with beautiful views and were joined by our XYLs. There were no tall trees to get our dipoles very high, but they worked great anyway. We drove into town Saturday night with our XYLs to have dinner at the appropriately named "The Boonies Restaurant," which was fun, but we missed 2 hours of prime time operating. It was exciting to have VY1JA call in on 20M CW, but missed ND & SD for the WAS. We also missed half of the Canadian sections and only worked one other station in NV.

Portable rig: FT991A, KAT/KPA500 with a 20M Dipole and an Alpha-Delta 80/40M Dipole both up about 20 ft at the high end.

73, Jim W6KC & Randy W6SW @ N7D - See the team at: https://www.qrz.com/db/n7d