[SCCC] Operating on a County Line - LOTW

Greg De Hoogh greg.n6pm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 22:26:06 EDT 2021

This came up in the LoTW email discussion group recently. Apparently,
LoTW doesn't support multiple counties per entry at this time because it
doesn't support any awards that require county information. So, in order
to confirm a contact from more than one county, you would need to upload
a separate record for each county. You can't just upload the same ADIF
file for each county, though, because if the timestamp and callsign of a
particular record matches one that's already on LoTW, the second one
will replace the first one. So, you need to change the time for the
second contact by a minute or more to avoid this replacement. Caveat:
While the person who explained it seems to know what he's talking about,
I have not idea whether that's actually true or not ... but it's believable.

73, Greg N6PM