[SCCC] 70 cm/23 cm Antenna Recommendations?

Bruce Horn bhorn at hornucopia.com
Tue Aug 9 12:52:44 EDT 2022

Hi,

I've never operated on a band higher in frequency than 2m, but recently purchased a Icom IC-9700, so I'm looking at antennas for the 70 cm and 23 cm bands. It would require a coax run of 150 ft to connect rotatable antennas, so I'm looking at vertical antennas that can be placed on the roof. However, almost everything that covers 70 cm specifies a 440-450 MHz and doesn't seem to cover 432. The Diamond X510NJ covers 428-442 MHz, but requires a special order.

Any antenna recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at hornucopia.com)