[SCCC] 70 cm/23 cm Antenna Recommendations?

Marty Woll n6vi at socal.rr.com
Tue Aug 9 16:01:42 EDT 2022

Hi, Bruce.

Although Steve is correct as to preferred polarization, I have worked many
contests from home on 144, 432 and 1296 weak-signal modes using my
roof-mounted Diamond X-6000 triband vertical and have worked into San Diego
on all three bands and into Mexico on 144 and 432.  The antenna is broad
enough that the radios don't seem to care.    Another option would be single
(or, preferably, stacked) HO Loops.  Some rovers (those not crazy enough to
have stacked rotatable yagis on the roof like N6NB and  I do) also use those
for SSB while in motion.

73,

Marty N6VI