[SCCC] Corner Contesters' Club

Drew Arnett arnett.drew at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 03:38:16 EDT 2023

The VHF event reminds me that I sometimes think it would be fun to
have a Corner Contesters' Club, though I guess SCCC has that covered.
Being in the corner here in DM12, I really am on a corner.  There's
one regular VHF contester in the grid to the S.  How many maritime
mobile VHF contesters in the grids to the SW, W, NW?  N and NE
provides some stations to work.  (And if I had a serious VHF
troposcatter setup like some, I'd be working as far as Fresno, etc.)
NE, E, SE is a bit dry and less populous.

We have a good amount of VHF+ activity here.  It's just amusing to
think about stations in other areas having to wear out their rotators.

Best regards,

Drew
n7da