[SCCC] VHF Spring Sprints

Drew Arnett arnett.drew at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 03:33:01 EDT 2023

The time of day relative to sunset is a bit awkward for many SOTA
summits.  However, some aren't too bad for after dark travel.  A view
of the metro area helps certainly.

144 MHz Monday April 10, 2023               0700 PM  -  1100 PM Local
222 MHz Tuesday April 18, 2023               0700 PM – 1100 PM Local
432 MHz Wednesday April 26, 2023        0700 PM – 1100 PM Local
Microwave Saturday May 6, 2023             0800 AM – 0200 PM Local
50 MHz Saturday May 13, 2023                2300z through Sunday May
14, 2023 0300z

I'll try to play in the first three to some degree, even if it's just
an FM HT.  Still making plans, so not sure if I'll SOTA all of them.
Might use a drive up spot and 100 W.  SSB/CW would be great of course.
Digital?  Is it time for me to quit being lazy and setup for digital?

This combined MTB SOTA + 432 Sprint Sprint was a lot of fun:
https://reflector.sota.org.uk/t/mtb-activation-spring-vhf-sprint-and-back-on-the-wagon/22656

Best regards,

Drew
n7da