[SCCC] Additional link to explanatory message

Steve Harrison k0xp at k0xp.com
Mon Jan 1 19:41:32 EST 2024

On 1/1/2024 3:37 PM, AOL Mail via SCCC wrote:
> Ryan, I was thinking of bringing it to the attention of our SCM at the next club meeting which is in a few weeks. Keep me posted if you talk to him earlier. Ray WB6L

We actually don't have a "few weeks"; the meeting starts on January 18,
which is only 17 days away now (it's actually apparently on 19 - 20
January, over the weekend). My own local club doesn't meet until that
exact day's evening, Jan. 18; so I had to issue a general e-mail to the
whole club and ask them to attempt to discuss and come to a consensus
now, before our next club meeting.

By voicing our approval or disapproval to our directors/vice directors
now, we are also providing them with information as to how many of their
constituents presently support or disapprove of this proposed "Bylaw
46". While they cannot use that information directly during the meeting,
they might perhaps be able to at least mention, during the BoD meeting,
that a certain percentage of their constituents feel this or that way
about the proposed "Bylaw 46", which may or may not remind other BoD
members of what happened in 2017, the last time they attempted this
tactic. Sometimes, a mention of what a poll is saying about a poly
tickchun's peons is enough to influence their vote the "right" way.
(Most often, unfortunately, it doesn't, since many of them already have
their minds made up, and/or have already been paid or bought by some
"special interest" to vote a certain way; and the poly tickchun believes
that they know better than their peons do what is "best" for them.)

But at least we will have tried. And God willing, and if the proposal
does NOT pass, and the crick don't rise too high, perhaps we can vote
the intransigents out of office the next time they run.

Steve, K0XP