[SD-User] SD Parallel keying - No signal to radio

A.Polinsky@alcatel.de A.Polinsky@alcatel.de
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:42:29 +0100

Hello Chris,

I have similar experiences. With My laptop the same situation is happend.
Beside the right setup of the program and the rig, I need to run an other
program to initialize the LPT port. In my case I prefer to start CT.exe and
processing just one dot via the interface. After that I can leave CT and
start up SD. Now also under SD control the LPT interface works fine! (Until
you switch off you Computer...)
On an other desktop computer (386er) it has never been happend in a similar
way with the same cable! SD runs here without problems with the parallel
port under any conditions.

For me, it seems that the problem is to initialize the LPT port first.

73 and cuagn in WWDX on 80 Meters as SO/SB/LP/UA... of course by running
SD!

Arno

quale <quale@online.no>@contesting.com on 20.11.2001 19:26:38

Sent by:  sd-user-admin@contesting.com