[SD-User] VOID log entries

Derek Thom sd-user@g3nks.demon.co.uk
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 08:25:41 +0000

Ian White, G3SEK <G3SEK@ifwtech.co.uk> wrote:
>Hello Paul
>
>>Please let me know what you'd like to see in the next update,
>
>1. Voiding a logged QSO:
>
>One of the nicest features of SD is the real-time editing of QSOs that
>have already been logged, with automatic updating of the dupe and
>multiplier lists. However, SD won't let you make a logged QSO totally
>void, because there always has to be a valid callsign in the CALL field.
>
>Entering a valid but fictional callsign is not a good workaround,
>because you have to think about its effects on the mult list, and it
>also goes into the dupe list. Then you have to remember to find that QSO
>when editing the log after the contest, and change it yet again.
>
>As a simple way out, could VOID be recognised as a special "callsign"
>entry which automatically scores no points? (It should also not go on
>the dupe list.)

I support this request, as in the past I have wished to void a QSO
already in the log - usually logged due to finger trouble!  However
there is a problem in doing so in contests where serial numbers are
exchanged

If the QSO is on the last line of the log, such as would be the case in
a QSO logged in error, then the whole entry could be deleted from the
log so that the serial number could be reused.  This would be ideal.

If the QSO to be voided was not on the last line, then this approach
could not be followed, as the serial number sequence would be disrupted.
Here the use of VOID in the callsign field would solve the problem.

There are also implications for band and total QSO counts.  Perhaps
QSOs with VOID in the callsign field should be treated in the summary in
the same manner as dupes.

Just a few thoughts . . .

Regards, and seasons greeting to all.

Derek