[SD-User] V9.95 Released.

John Scott scotts@tartannet.ns.ca
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 07:21:10 -0400

Ian and all:

At 17:32 12-12-02 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello Paul
>

>>Please let me know what you'd like to see in the next update,
>
>Well, you did ask...
>

>1. Voiding a logged QSO:
>
>One of the nicest features of SD is the real-time editing of QSOs that
>have already been logged, with automatic updating of the dupe and
>multiplier lists. However, SD won't let you make a logged QSO totally
>void, because there always has to be a valid callsign in the CALL field.
>
>Entering a valid but fictional callsign is not a good workaround, because
>you have to think about its effects on the mult list, and it also goes
>into the dupe list. Then you have to remember to find that QSO when
>editing the log after the contest, and change it yet again.

Just a thought:  Since most contests do not take points away for marked
dupes, just make the call you want to void the same as the QSO immediately
before it!  Works every time. No penalty for dupes, nothing in the score or
mult list and nothing to do after the contest!

>As a simple way out, could VOID be recognised as a special "callsign"
>entry which automatically scores no points? (It should also not go on the
>dupe list.)
>

>2. Timed repeat on the F1 CW memory:
>
>A variable parameter such as $5 at the end of the message, so that TEST #R
>#R TEST&5 would repeat the CQ after 5 seconds (unless interrupted by
>starting to type a call, or pressing any other key).

I like this idea.

>3. QSY back to original frequency after using QM:
>
>When S&Ping, it's very handy to use Quick Memory to store calls and
>frequencies to be revisited later. But if you use QM while part-way
>through an S&P sweep, it's easy to forget how far up/down the band you'd
>got to...
>
>When you press F10, it would be very nice if SD could store the *present*
>frequency, before QSYing to the frequency of a QM "spot". When you either
>successfully log that call as a QSO, or else put it back into the QM list,
>SD could then QSY you back to the original frequency. Then you could
>either continue tuning, or use QM again.

I also like this idea.

>I hope some of these might be useful... and even possible!

For a further suggestion, which I think I have made before, I would like to
see a way to control my MFJ Voice Keyer during SSB contests. [This may not
be possible]

73

John VE1JS