[SD-User] Re: boot to DOS

Kostiantyn Popandopoulo ur5ffc@odessa.net
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 18:25:05 -0000

Hello SD-patriots!

----------
> Hi all,
> One problem with windows is the length of time it takes to reboot if it
> crashes during a contest,  you can't really wait 4 or 5 minutes while
> Windoze restarts  :0)  Although I would imagine there must be ways to
> shorten the rebooting time?
>
> Alex
> G3ZBE

Simplest way is to release from images during a boot and shootdown.
We had restart our computers so many times, that already know good
what system doing without any graphic reminder, is not it?
You can hide c:\logo.sys, c:\windows\logon.sys;logow.sys;winlogo.gif.
It will accelerate rebooting. Then (and generally), try to keep your
system easy. Deinstall unnecessary programm and clean system registry.
All programs, even those, which you deinstalled a long time ago,
"laid eggs" in registry. And each and every egg is as an anchor braking
a system. If you wonder about one more method to be sure in proper work
of your dos application, please go to www.qsl.net/ur5ffc click
"under construction" image and read "how i run my computer with dos
programs". If you dislike this, anyway, you can find there a link to
download a good program jv16 Power Tools. It will help You, I believe.

> > I run SDV on my laptop, a P3, 933 with over 300mb of ram.
> > Log checking after the event takes place on my desk top, a dual P3 933
> > machine running with a GB of ram. Perhaps this is a bit over the top for
> > a DOS programme designed for 640k ??
> > Cheers de Andy GD0TEP

I do the same on my laptop 386sx/33 with 4mb of ram.
"Sapiensi sat" ~:)

73! de Kosta UR5FFC