[SD-User] V9.85 Released

Mike Farmer G3VAO@hortonbrook.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:55:26 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul O'Kane" <paul@ei5di.com>
To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2002 9:16 AM
Subject: [SD-User] V9.85 Released

> V9.85     1 March 2002
> Snip

> ADIF.
>     The ADIF Time field has been changed from 6 to 4
>     characters (HHMM) - for greater compatibility with
>     ADIF import routines in other station loggers.
>
>     Type 10 Contests - Fixed the ADIF Received Exchange
>     field.
>

> Please let me know what you'd like to see in the next update.
> Keep copies of the programs you're using now - as insurance!

Hi Paul

Not sure that I like the idea of removing the SS from the ADIF output whilst
logging programs tend not to display the secs I suspect that they use them
in their sorting process.

My main station logging program traps entries with the same time and asks
for a sec to be added.

My view is that secs are very important if you want your QSOs in the log
book in the correct order especially if you have a good run in a contest
without serial nos.  According to the .RTE file, during the ARIL DX I
managed to get 4 hours at over 120 and 8 hours at over 60 so without the
secs I may end up with up to 12 hours of QSOs in a random order.

I guess this is a plea to you to put the SS back in!!

Thanks for the fix in the type 10.

73 de Mike