[SD-User] SD for Windows

OZ4RT, J Arnvig oz4rt at tdcadsl.dk
Sun May 4 23:38:20 EDT 2003

Hello Paul,

I have tried to run the new program just to see what it looks like, and I have a
few comments (in random order):

1. When I start the program with the contest name as a parameter to the exe
file, the first character is ignored. When I insert an extra character, it
works. For example, "awpxcw03" as the parameter starts the program with the
contest file "wpxcw03".

2. The program does not close when I click on the X in the upper right corner
(after having typed end), and there are no quit or exit possibilities. I close
it with Alt+F4.

3. I chose the 11x18 font to get a suitable window and font size, but the next
time I started the program it was back to "Auto".

4. In the small window (upper right) that shows contacts with a particular
station, the QSO number is repeated in the RST column.

I haven't done any further testing, and I don't use the keying facilities. The
computer is using Windows 98 SE.

I notice that I can now log 11991 QSOs instead of the previous 5113 - I'll check
that out in the next contest.

Regarding the name, I think that you should keep the original names. There can't
be many people around the world that runs pure DOS these days, and they are well
helped with an SD-DOS - even if you stop maintaining it soon.

That's all for now.

73 ... John, OZ4RT