[SD-User] Trouble with V 11.31 on W98SE

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Mon Jun 20 02:04:49 EDT 2005

On 19 Jun 2005 at 23:04, Paul O'Kane wrote:

> [...]

OK, I will delay downloading this version!! There are many of who
still think 98SE is by far the best version of Windows they ever did
and don't want to go down the slippery slope of bloated gimmicky XP.

Since I now have a laptop which will run Windows 98SE, a Compaq
Armada which replaces my old Toshiba 386 machine whose backlight
failed just before WPX, I used SD Windows, actually 11.06, for the
first time in last weeks Club Challenge. I have to say that I still
prefer the DOS version... (and SDWin is still effectively the DOS
version running in a Windows shell).

Is there any update on the problem of being unable to get a full
screen display on 98SE after the Border function was introduced
sometime ago? Also I note when SDWin is running it takes priority
over the rest of Windows - when I wanted to open Control Panel to do
some checks I found I had to close SD first..

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com