[SD-User] SD comport and Windows XP?

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Fri Feb 3 14:04:50 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Knut Baczko" <knut.baczko at t-online.de>

> .. in SD I only could  select with "ports" LPT1 for CW keying but
> this did not work. Same problem with N1MM even if I installed several
> additional programs or DLLs.

As LPT1 is not working with either SD or N1MM, it points to
something "wrong" with your parallel port or your cable.
The only DLL required by SD for LPT1 support is INPOUT32.DLL -
it's distributed with sdsetup.exe.

> Is there a possibility that one can configure the comport in SD
> so it would work for keyboard CW  keying?  At least the manual
> says it should be possible.

> The comport does work with N1MM.

When you use the PORTS command to select a comport (1-8), SD
checks that it can "see" the port by opening it.  If this
fails, it assumes the comport selected does not exist, is not
working, or is being used by some other application.

SD will tell you this during the operation of the PORTS
command.  If you got no error message, it means that SD
sees the port.  You can verify this by using the STATUS
command - to see what ports have been allocated.

SD requires a "standard" CW cable, presumably the same as
for N1MM (or CT, NA or TR).

73,
Paul EI5DI