[SD-User] SD 13.03 and Winkey 1

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Thu Jun 29 15:29:50 EDT 2006

---- Original Message -----
From: "iz2eju" <iz2eju at libero.it>

> ... new version 13.03. Everything seems OK as usual, but
> everytime I start the program, SD says "No external keyer..."

SD now polls WinKey to determine if it is WK1 or WK2.  If it
doesn't get an answer within a few seconds, it thinks there's
no keyer attached.  The WKINIT command can be useful in these
circumstances.

> ..I wonder if my Winkey ! is too old and I must switch to
> Winkey 2...

There's no need to switch if WK1 works OK for you.  However,
I like the internal monitor in WinKeyer USB (WK2), and the
fact that it can be used "standalone", without any computer.

Also, I have Schurr and Kent paddles, and WK1 sometimes
gave extra dits with both of them.  This problem has gone
with WK2 - perhaps your optocoupler has done the same.

73,
Paul EI5DI