[SD-User] Direct frequency entry and CQ repeat with SD

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Mon Sep 18 12:42:55 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sverre Holm" <svholm3 at broadpark.no>.

> 1. I was not able to get the direct frequency entry to work,

This problem is usually caused by mismatched parameters
between SD and your rig.  Also, until everything is
working, leave POLLTIME and LINKTIME at the default
settings.

If necessary, delete SD.INI, then run SD (and the PORTS
command) again.  This will create a new SD.INI file
with default parameters - apart from any changes due
to PORTS.

> 2. I could not get the repeat function for CQ to insert
the specified pause,

There is a bug in the REPEAT function when used with
WinKey.  The timer should not start until the CQ message
finishes.  With WinKey, it starts immediately.  Just
choose whatever value of R1 - R10 that gives a reasonable
break time.

73,
Paul EI5DI