[SD-User] Comments

Carol Richards n2mm at comcast.net
Sat Jul 21 22:21:59 EDT 2007

Hello....

I decided to give SD-log a full blown test in the IARU contest. Everything seemed to work fine except:

1. I worked K1AA who gave me zone 8 and the program correctly assigned 1 point. After I had logged him, I heard send zone 7. I up-arrowed and made the correction to zone 7and hit enter. The point value didn't change! (should have been 3 pointer)

2. The cw sounded somewhat choppy and often went into a garbage mode....incoherent cw, steady carrier, random dits and dots. I needed to use the esc-key to stop it. It got so annoying, I abandoned the cw capability in favor of my programmable external keyer.

I made over 1300 qso's so I gave it a real work out. 95% of the program performed flawlessly. This is the feed back I have...Any comments?

Carol