[SD-User] v.14.02 Caps lock and SCP

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Thu Apr 24 09:59:18 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bert Barry" <bbarry at simplysurf.net>

> 1.  When pressing Caps Lock, the light on the keyboard
> toggles on and off, but the ^ symbol, or lack of it,
> doesn't change until I hit a letter (or Space Bar or Enter)
> following Caps Lock.

That's what happens on Win98.  It works correctly here on
WinXP.  This is due to internal differences in Win98 and
XP, and it's the best I can do.

> 2. Super Check Partial responds to the equal sign, but not
> to F12.

That was changed in V12.15.  With ESM enabled, F12 now logs
a QSO without sending the final message.  At least, that's
what it should do - I haven't checked it recently.

> I am not particularly looking forward to kit building Winkey,

I use WinKeyer USB (WKUSB).  It can be purchased assembled
from www.k1el.com.

> I wonder what the chances are of getting away with using
> SD's internal keyer on Windows?

You can find out immediately (even without a serial port)
by using SD's parallel-port keying option - but you may
have to make up a lead.  It's simple and is described in
the manual - www.ei5di.com/sd/sd.pdf.

If you have a serial port, then SD's keyer will work
with the same cable you already use.

73,
Paul EI5DI