[SD-User] Beru.

brian coyne g4odv at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 16 01:20:05 PDT 2009

I also had a few issues running SDC this weekend.

No1 - the keyer was corrupted, had to wind down to about 10wpm to get a true speed of 30wpm and then suffered interuptions/ delays. It may function correctly one time and malfunction the next. I was unable to use keyboard sending at all and hand keyed the contest. No other prog's were running and was disconnected from the net.

No 2 - Whilst the foc.lst was loaded nothing at all appeared when a members c/s was keyed in.

No 3 - on several occaisions I forget to change bands in the heat of moving people around.
Tried using the band change edit function using the shift/F1 key gave a message 'valid only in c/s field' and wipes the qso, luckily 2 presses of the escape key restores the c/s. Interestingly pressing F1 alone, without use of the shift key alters the scores in the scores window.

I downloaded latest V14.22 SDC just before the Beru test and also recently SD V14. 19a, think for the future when I use a version that has not given me a problem I will stick with it as I used to.

I hate computers!

73 Brian C4Z.  (5B4AIZ/G4ODV)