[SD-User] Beru.

Frank Hunter frank.hunter at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 16 02:56:24 PDT 2009

brian coyne wrote:

Hi Brian!
Thanks for the qso's :)

> I also had a few issues running SDC this weekend.

Oh dear.

> No1 - the keyer was corrupted, had to wind down to about 10wpm to get
> a true speed of 30wpm and then suffered interuptions/ delays. It may
> function correctly one time and malfunction the next. I was unable to
> use keyboard sending at all and hand keyed the contest. No other
> prog's were running and was disconnected from the net.

You aren't using a Microham CW keyer by any chance? I experienced
exactly the same problems you describe above (and a few others besides
:) ) with my CW keyer with both SD and N1MM. I never did cure it as it
was all quite random, I'd think I had it cured only to have it croak on
me in the middle of a pileup, quite maddening really! I replaced it with
a USB Winkey and have had no problems since or previously I might add
with a MK1 Microkeyer.

73, Frank GI4NKB

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat
you with experience.