[SD-User] Comm Port

Mike Harris mike.harris at cwimail.fk
Sun Aug 28 13:59:38 PDT 2011

G'day,

I decided to try out the K3 without any external interface for CW.  The
K3 has built in level converters for the RTS and DTR signals so a simple
RS232 cable will do the trick.  These signals can be assigned to PTT and
Key.

I first set up Logger32 and the CW machine plays OK.

When I try to set up SD to share a common port (4), first setting Com 4
as CW port followed by Com 4 as rig control I get the following:

"Com 4 is shared as a CW port", followed a few seconds later by:
"Com 4 doesn't exist or is busy".

Com 4 works perfectly OK as a rig control port if I don't set a CW port.

Com 4 works perfectly OK as a CW port if I don't set a rig control port.

Running Win7 Pro 64 bit with a real RS232 two port card.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO