[SD-User] SD

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Sun Mar 4 03:13:30 PST 2012

On 03/03/2012 23:11, brian coyne wrote:

> I did the SD download but only explored the files, seeing no mention of the specific contests. You actually have to run the progam to see the changes.

To find out what's new in any version of SD,
follow the What's New link on my website, or
read the history.doc file distributed with SD.

> Beware though because the new download overwrites all your other non freeware contests into 'Demo' mode so i will need to re-instal the old version again later.

If you don't want an older version of SD to be
overwritten, install the new version to a new
folder - this is a standard installation option.

If you do accidentally overwrite an older version,
you can easily get it again from
www.ei5di.com/sd/vaults

> the older versions are tried and tested. I
> cannot cope with bugs and problems on the hoof
 > and as a serious contester do not wish to get hours
> into an event and have it all wasted, reliability
 > is of the essence for me.

I use the most recent version of SD because it
is almost always better than previous versions.
Bugs in earlier versions are not investigated
unless they exist in the latest version.

Regardless of the version used, it's worthwhile
doing a few tests before the contest.

73,
Paul EI5DI